Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Access
Our team at Manatee Community Foundation is committed to building a better community and a better foundation with our strategic focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and access. This allows us to make sure we are reaching all people in our community. We have made progress, but still have work to do.
- Listen and Learn. Integrate diversity, inclusion, equity and access into ongoing staff and board professional development.
- Adapt Decision-Making Processes. Seek diverse voices to inform our work and decision-making through deliberate processes and networking.
- Make Meaningful Investments. Include meaningful initiatives in our annual plan that reflect our commitment to access and opportunity.
- Communicate Our Values. Demonstrate to diverse donors and community members that we represent their needs, interests and communities as part of our work.
Manatee Community Foundation continues to focus on a results-first framework in grant-making. We are especially interested in how a nonprofit’s work is addressing diversity, equity, inclusion and access. View our grant application questions.
“I am honored to serve on MCF’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force. As 2020 has shown us, our country has much work yet to do to accomplish our Founders’ ideals.” -Steve Roskamp
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- Leaders Who Authentically Embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Believe These 8 Things (Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay)
- 2020 Regional Equity Report (Tampa Bay Partnership Foundation)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on the Board (BoardSource)