Eight Scholarships Awarded to Chiles Hospitality Employees
The Chiles Hospitality Scholarship Fund of Manatee Community Foundation (MCF) awarded eight scholarships to deserving students who are employees at one of the three waterfront restaurants that are owned by Chiles Hospitality. Manatee Community Foundation’s Scholarship Committee reviewed the applications and selected the recipients based on their grades, volunteer service, and leadership ability.
Started by Ed Chiles in 2009, the fund has awarded 55 scholarships through MCF, totaling over $65,000 in support to local students to pursue higher education at accredited institutions.
The 2022 scholarship recipients include students associated with three restaurants:
Sandbar Scholarship Students:
- Carla Stewart, University of South Florida – Political Science/International Relations
- Julia Dalto, State College of Florida – Architecture & Interior Design
- Korissa Erdman, University of South Florida – Mathematical Education
- Jasper Turner, State College of Florida – Marketing
Beach House Scholarship Students:
- Hannah Foster, St. Petersburg – Dental Hygiene
- Angelia Martin, State College of Florida – Esthetician
- Zamil Lopez, State College of Florida – Dental Hygiene
Mar Vista Scholarship Students:
- Briana Cochran, State College of Florida – Nursing
Manatee Community Foundation, a public 501c3 charity, partners with our citizens to strengthen and enhance our community through philanthropy, education, and service—now and forever. The Foundation has awarded more than $47 million in grants and scholarships since 1998.