Join Our Team
Partnering with our citizens to strengthen and enhance our community through philanthropy, education, and service — now and forever.
LEADERSHIP | TRANSPARENCY | TRUST | INTEGRITY | LOYALTY | RESPECT | INCLUSIVITY
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT | OFFICE MANAGER
Manatee Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity partnering with citizens to strengthen and enhance our community through philanthropy, education, and service—now and forever.
Purpose of Position: Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this role serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the office of the Executive Director, as well as, operations of MCF. The incumbent works with highly sensitive information, will be expected to use the utmost discretion; will be innovative and enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment. The individual will exercise judgment in all situations related to donor issues, governance and financial matters.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director; act as liaison to staff, board of directors, and the community.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle issues expeditiously, follow-through on projects to successful completion (often with tight deadlines).
- Schedule and organize meetings, travel, and retreats for staff and Board members.
- Work independently or within a team on special and ongoing projects and task forces.
- Complete special research assignments by performing analysis of the subject matter and preparing recommendations.
- Manage the office, process weekly accounting procedures, order supplies/marketing materials, coordinate maintenance, manage flow of operational processes including insurance renewals, tracking/updating technology.
- Coordinate on/off-site events with or without vendor/consultant support.
- Proactively maintain Board/committee meeting calendars, handbook, and other documents on BoardEffect, the online portal.
- Propose, coordinate, and implement improvements to Board communication and logistics.
- Represent MCF in the course of work with local/regional partners, peer organizations, and membership groups.
- Serve as the first point of contact at MCF, greeting visitors in a professional manner. This includes answering phone calls and opening/directing incoming mail.
- Assist with board and committee work including preparing meeting notes, board notebooks, and updating general information.
- Manage weekly accounts payable processes.
Database and Donor Communication
- Prepare donor and professional advisor packets for team members.
- Update database and provide reports for staff.
- Prepare accurate and timely donor acknowledgement letters.
- Manage gift processing in addition to the donor acknowledgement letters.
- Send quarterly fund statement communication.
- Mail grant/scholarship checks & correspondence.
- Scan information into digital files in donor portal.
- Manage hosted events (virtual and in-person) including large annual donor events, smaller donor events, and monthly events.
- Partner with staff for planning, execution, and follow up with a high degree of professionalism to ensure an experience that successfully stewards fund holders and cultivates prospects.
- Record RSVPs, payments and sponsorships; answer inquiries; coordinate caterers/vendors; coordinate speaker needs; coordinate technology and other tasks associated with events.
- Coordinate requests and guest needs for community room at MCF. This includes tracking request forms, recording use on the calendar, setting up rooms, assisting guests with technology, ensuring the facility is in good order; and cleaning after use.
- At least 10 years high-level administrative experience. Minimum 1 year experience in event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider a combination of work experience and education.
- Highly developed customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to quickly learn new software including FIMS, Constant Contact, and other tools.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively manage highly confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work well independently and make sound business recommendations and decisions.
- Able to work flexible hours that may include early mornings and evenings.