Seeking Our Next Star Team Member at Manatee Community Foundation
Manatee Community Foundation is seeking a results-oriented, professional and community-minded individual to serve as the Events and Administrative Manager.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is focused on supporting donors, nonprofit organizations and team members with excellence. The position serves a dual role of managing administrative processes at Manatee Community Foundation to ensure that key foundation business operations flow smoothly and managing high touch events for the foundation and charitable organizations using meeting room space.
Hourly Range: $23-24.50/hour
Amount of Time Required: 40 hours per week; up to 50 hours per week January – March
Administrative Management responsibilities include serving as the vital first point of contact at MCF, responsible for greeting donor and nonprofit visitors with professionalism and warmth. This includes answering phone calls, greeting guests, and directing general email inquiries. Assists executive director with board and committee work including preparation of meeting notes and board documents. Supports the work of MCF donor engagement and philanthropy staff in a friendly, dedicated and team-driven environment. Manages flow of operational processes.
A major role of the position is managing MCF hosted events (virtual and in person) including: several large annual donor events offsite, smaller donor events onsite, and monthly events for nonprofits. Event work includes partnering with MCF staff for planning, execution, and follow up with a high degree of professionalism and excellence to ensure an experience that successfully stewards fund holders and cultivates prospects. Requests and records RSVPs, payments and sponsorships; answers guest inquiries; coordinates caterers and vendors; coordinates speaker needs; coordinates technology; and other tasks associated with each event.
The position will coordinate requests and guest needs for community room at Manatee Community Foundation for nonprofits and corporate ambassadors.
- A passion for philanthropy and what it makes possible in our community.
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and access.
- Comfort in working flexible hours that include some early mornings and evenings.
- One year of experience in event planning and enthusiasm for the process.
- Excellent customer service, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management ability.
- Experienced and comfortable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to learn new software including FIMS, Constant Contact, and other tools.
- Comfort with technology.
- Team player with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
To apply for this open position, email a cover letter and resume to Susie Bowie at SBowie@ManateeCF.org by Friday, August 6, 2021.