The Value of Going for It
Manatee Community Foundation was delighted to partner with Impact100 SRQ and Results 1st to encourage nonprofit participation in two workshops setting the stage to apply for a significant grant. Understanding results vs. activities was a unifying theme.
Founded in 2018, Impact100 SRQ is a separate 501c3 organization that brings together a diverse group of women that annually fund transformational grants to local nonprofits in both Sarasota and Manatee Counties. At least 100 women each give a $1,000 tax deductible donation, and together they collectively award grants in increments of at least $100,000 to local nonprofits in five focus areas: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment & Recreation, Family and Health & Wellness.
Their work is important to Manatee Community Foundation for several reasons.
- We would be pleased to see more organizations serving Manatee County apply for and receive the transformative grant through Impact100 SRQ.
- We love to partner and collaborate when there is a shared gain for our community.
- We share the same commitment to understanding results and gains made by nonprofits we invest in through our open grant process.
As Robyn Faucy, CEO of Results 1st states, “The reason for your organization’s existence is results.” Focusing on activities–how many people are “served”–does not describe the difference a nonprofit organization is making.
The work that goes into applying for a grant through Impact100 SRQ takes time and thought, but the process itself can be transformative. After thinking through the “big idea,” going for it will provide other benefits, even if an organization is not ultimately selected:
- Aligning the team around a joint vision for the big picture and transformation the organization wishes to make.
- Developing simple and common language that conveys the results of clients served instead of participation by clients.
- Identifying opportunities where results could be improved or better identified by changing the questions asked.
Each can be used to make a stronger case for support to those who may wish to invest in the success of the nonprofit’s work.
Go for it!
For more information about the Impact100 SRQ process, visit https://impact100srq.org/.
To learn about a special opportunity for Results 1st achievement building for your organization, visit https://results1st.org/resources/.