What will you say yes to? Planning your giving for April 26 & 27
If your inbox has not yet been embraced with messages about the 2022 Giving Challenge, it is certain to get a lot of love in the next couple of weeks.
The Giving Challenge was created by the Community Foundation of Sarasota County to inspire informed giving in our region. Manatee Community Foundation is a proud partner, and like you, we’ll be watching the leaderboard during those magic hours, from April 26 at noon to April 27 at noon.
Thanks to our friends at The Patterson Foundation, a 1:1 match will be provided for all unique donations, up to $100 per donor, per organization made online with a credit or debit card. You can do a lot of good and have your charitable contributions doubled!
Five tips to experience the Giving Challenge like a pro:
- Plan your list of “must support” organizations early and save some dollars for last minute “impulse” gives. Trust us, there will be plenty of them.
- Make a gift in honor of a friend, colleague or family member. It’s a great way to have conversations about the causes most important to them and add some extra meaning to your contributions.
- Share links to the nonprofits that receive your support via email or social media to increase the attention they receive. You can have an active role in encouraging others to make a donation.
- If you want to use your donor advised fund at Manatee Community. Foundation, please send us your recommendations early, by April 22.
- ENJOY the Giving Challenge! You will be part of a historic day of giving that is made possible by contributions from thousands of people.
May the joy of giving be with you!